While it is very helpful to browse through listings of numerous hotel and villa accommodations on a single booking portal, which also allows you to see reviews, ratings and prices that are easy to read, it would be wise to dig deeper for more compelling information. of what you will really get and the real prices of it. Whether you are planning a short or long holiday, it pays to stay properly so you can avoid any disappointment when you arrive at your destination.
Most lists of booking portals do not easily disclose costs unless you go deeper into small prints. For example, there may be additional costs for local or state taxes, linen, fuel use, or even cleaning the villa itself. If you went directly to an advertiser, you would find such additional costs more clearly on their website or on their booking form. This also applies to reverse damages.
There is limited space on the Reservation Portal results page, so what you see is low cost and little in the way of extras. The programming is aimed at converting as quickly as possible, so you see short notifications that only apply to one left or 3 people looking at accommodation or 2 people who have just booked this. Don't be fooled by the need to make a quick decision and book it, but reach for a small print of the list and copy it, just in case the conditions change or the additions change between your booking and the final payment. The media reported, for example, that there was no charge for cancellation on a hotel reservation, but then it was determined that it was charged at the time of cancellation.
Useful tips and money savings;
1. Such multi-listing booking portals that offer hotels and villas are usually listed in the top 3 search results on Google, so it can pay you to look further at the search results page and see what smaller niche businesses have to offer, after which you can see significantly more details and photos.
2. Booking portals typically charge a commission of 15% on their customers at hotels or villas, so exploring yourself may find you a Promotional Code that gives you a discount on the same accommodation, saving you money on your booking. Direct booking with your accommodation provider may give you a discount or upgrade, simply because the provider does not have to spend 15% of the commission. If you simply type in the name of a hotel or villa with a location displayed by the reservation portals in the search bar, then it will be easier to find the same accommodation and book directly with the provider.
3. Some booking portals only pass your credit card information to hotels or villas, so it is important to contact the accommodation provider directly and ensure that you have a reservation number, insured dates, contact information and accommodation instructions. It is very important to contact the provider directly and not just the booking portal.
4. If you are looking for a longer stay at the villa, then you can negotiate a cheaper price than the above, which is not something you can do with the major reservation portals.
5. You will want to ensure that your accommodation villa is not exchanged for a double booking, so by going directly to the hotel or villa operator you can be sure that this option is avoided.
6. All accommodation issues are best addressed to the accommodation provider, simply as the booking portals do not know the accommodation itself.
7. Do not show the hotel a booking form, as the hotel receptionist can log in to their account on the portal and leave incorrect reviews. Be sure to provide a booking reference number.